Is the sun. If I didn't know the Creator, I would be a sun-worshiper. I love the sunshine! I can't stay in bed after the sun has risen. I sit in a certain spot in my living room in the morning just to catch those first rays of the rising sun on my face. In winter I sit in the sunshine on the floor and read. I have energy. It makes me smile.
Yesterday was in the 50's and I went on a long walk in the sun. Lots of people had the same idea, and all were cheery. Everyone smiled and said hello or commented on the beautiful day.
I'm so thankful for these breaks from winter's icy grip! We had three wonderful sunny, "warm" days this week.
However, this morning we are setting our jaws, gritting our teeth and bracing ourselves for another icy onslaught. High's in the teens, winds 37 mph and snow, come Saturday night through Monday or Tuesday. sigh. Oh, well, it's STILL January. And we may get another break in ten days or so...
To make up for it, maybe, my hibiscus has a flower this morning! *smile*
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his
handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals
knowledge.
In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes out like a bridegroom
leaving his chanber, and , like a strong man, runs its course with joy.
2 comments:
Hi Rachel! I love reading your blog! I read a book with my kids this year called Secret of the Andes and it was about Incas who worhipped the sun. I loved the book and I could understand why they did without knowing the Creator. Anyway, I hope your doing well!! Amy
Yesterday was in the 50's... and so was Rach!! hahahaha
Post a Comment