Monday, February 12, 2007

Fifth Grade, Day Two

Yeah, that's a boring title, but that describes today. The school isn't keeping me as crazy busy today as last Friday when I worked every period AND had lunch duty which INCLUDED the lunchroom and outside duty. I still had lunch duty today, but I didn't have class 4th or 6th periods. I'm back into another Brother Cadfael story. I can read those easily when I have these stop and start days.

Everyone is "praying" for a snow day. We have had no snow days yet this year. Lots of students are out sick. I think all the teachers are well for now. It's supposed to snow 2-4 inches tonight, but man, we're hoping the front does something crazy and DUMPS on us! Not that I really need a day off, the teachers and students are just tired. Of course, there's President's Day next Monday. I brought my Abraham Lincoln photobiography to school today just to inform students that today is the real birthday of A. Lincoln. I think students forget that or else just don't even learn it.

The Senior Class is selling roses, candy and cookies for Valentine's Day here at school. They also have an ensemble that goes around singing to students for $5 a song. I ordered, "You are my sunshine" for Andrew. *smile* He and Stephanie are running the fundraiser, so he knows ahead of time. He said it wouldn't bother him!!

Pictures of the class will be posted when I get home.. Back to my book.

No comments: