"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began." J.R.R. Tolkein
Friday, February 9, 2007
Valentine Art
I'm not going to post any art, but I'm listening to 5th graders make their Valentine bags. It's art time. They all have red, white and pink paper and a brown paper lunch bag. Scissors, tape, glue. Some must've brought boxes from home because at least one box already is covered with silver aluminum foil. The girls have yarn and stickers. One boy just opened his bag and said, "I'm done." Now he's taping some pink paper to the outside of the bag. Boys stab the top of the shoebox in order to make the opening. Girls cut carefully and with difficulty. I passed out Valentine M&M's while they worked. Why is it so hard to do something carefully and nicely? They want to hurry and be finished so they can play. Hmm. I'm drinking peppermint tea. Goes with the mood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment