Friday, February 2, 2007

Books, Skype and Cozy

Ah, I needed that picture to help me type. Wednesday it was snowing, I was reading a delicious book Pilgrim's Inn by Elizabeth Goudge and I made a pot of tea. It was the perfect afternoon. I had to take a picture of it. Sorry you can't see the big, fluffy flakes of snow falling! I substituted in a very WILD second grade yesterday (I felt all of about 65 when I got home!!), and one of the little girls said she loved reading. I told her that I loved reading, too, and about my Wednesday afternoon. She got a happy glowing look on her face. She understood perfectly! Ah...the love of a good book on a snowy day.
We heard from Will! Yeah! We downloaded Skype at his suggestion and then yesterday morning about 7, we all talked via the computer! It was sooo cool because it was so clear and we could all talk at once. It was like a family conference. We've come a long way from the days in Italy when Den would try to talk to our brother-in-law in Sicily. Most of those conversations went like this: "Dave, you're breaking up. Can you hear me, Dave?" I think they did get some real conversation in, but not significantly. The cool thing about Skype, is that you can type messages, too, giving us two ways to communicate. Looking forward to hearing all about his European experience! We "texted" yesterday, but he didn't have time to talk. Now we just have to be up at the same time. If you go there and get it, it's free to talk Skype to Skype. If you do get it, let us know! I'd like to figure out how to talk to my friends in Italy, too!

Enough for now. I'm battling a bad headache. Taken two doses of drugs since 5. Last one was migraine stuff. Let's hope it works. At least the sun is shining---even though it's in single digits out there!

No comments: