Saturday, February 24, 2007

Headaches and Heavy weather

Those of you who don't live around here are probably watching our weather. It's been on the news for days now--this major storm moving our way. Andrew's hoping for a snow day out of it. It will have to last longer than forcasted if he does get one. One thing these fronts do for me though is give me a bad headache. So I'm slouching around the house today trying to move as little as possible and trying not to let anything get too loud, music, tv or clock!! Denny and Andrew are down in southeast NE at a weightlifting competition, for A. not D.!! They had to leave at 6, and dear A. loves his breakfast, so I was up before 6. They left at 6. He's not as in to the competition this year as he was last year. Maybe because girlfriend couldn't go this year..? (He'd kill me if he knew I said that.)

Oh, I do have to say something funny. Well, not really funny, but fun, sort of. Anyway..Andrew brought home a brochure for a fundraiser at the high school in Fort Calhoun which is just north of Omaha. One of the events is a "Mr. Calhoun Contest"!! I need to send that brochure to Ron. (For those of you who don't know, that's my maiden name.) Yes, Sperlonga Calhoun! *smile* I've also seen t-shirts at that school that say, "Calhoun girls are great!" But when I asked about buying one, they were from years before and didn't know if they had anymore. But I'll keep my eyes open. It's the town girlfriend is from, by the way.

More later with storm and competition updates. Now, where's the hot water bottle....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe 'girlfriend' can keep her eyes peeled! We have a restaurant nearby that we really like called 'Kalhouns'. When we lived in Iowa the meteorlogist in CR was 'Joe Winter'. I thought "only in Iowa". Then we moved to PA and the meteorologist turned out to be Joe Calhoun!

Anonymous said...

By the way, I blogged again.