Monday, September 17, 2007

Red Hot Chilli Pipers

I'm going to try to add something to this new post. I typed one and then figured out how to put the video right on to my blog so that you don't even have to click on the link. Learning something new all the time!

I just went to the Caithness.org website this afternoon and clicked on their link to this band. It was so good! They were playing in Wick this weekend or lately anyway. So after I got on the YouTube site, I started listening to all their other stuff posted on there. This piece is great. Put rock n roll in bagpipe music and you get some real dancin' music. Turn it up and dance around the room! I love the sound. Other clips may be better, if you have time to look/listen around!

If you prefer a more traditional yet upbeat sound, try this link that I first heard on the Caithness website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Downright inspirational, too!

C and J said...

Did you know we were Scottish music Groupies? Have you ever heard the Battlefield Band? We discovered them when we were helping Arthur! They gave concerts in Friday Harbor and stayed at Duffy House, even when we were there. What a riotous group! They even entitled one of their albums, "Leaving Friday Harbor," which they sang the night we heard them play there. They played at the B & B until the wee hours of the morning, but they were the only ones there! Great music and great Scottish bagpipes and tunes, too! We'll bring it to the BIG 55 party on Sunday!