"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began." J.R.R. Tolkein
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Life after 60, $60 that is
Hey, I just drive a regular mini-van, not some giant SUV or van! So why did it cost me over sixty bucks to fill my tank?? Granted, it got lower than usual. The "ticker" on the gas pump look like a conversion from Fahrenheit to Celsius, $61 for 16 gallons! If I'd had my camera, I would've taken a picture. And if I still had kids at home or in college I could say like Dan in "Dan in Real Life", "There goes your college education....!" Something else will have to go, hmm, the new laptop, new car....not anything I want, of course!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh sister! I feel your pain! In the the pumps turn off at $99 when I'm filling up the monster van now. OUCH! Makes me more mindful of everytime I turn over that starter...
When school was in session were spending a huge amt. of $ on gas. I was spending $60 every three days on the van plus whatever David spent with his car. You do the math! It's scary...that's why David started taking public transportation...You can get a lot done on the bus.
Did you see Dan in Real Life? That dramatic teen age daughter was so funny. We love the line when she screams at her dad, "YOU ARE A MURDERER OF LOVE!"
haha, I watched that movie on the plane from Lima. Pretty fun. Gas prices are awful, though, I'm trying to ignore them.
Post a Comment