Monday, September 15, 2008

All the way my Savior leads me

The final day of our holiday summarizes our whole trip. All the way, yes. He leads us all the way. This was one of the songs we sang in our Ambassador Choir reunion concert and it is truly the theme of each one of our lives. What can I say? It is overwhelming to sing with over a hundred fellow choir members from 60 years of choir. And such a blessing to stand in front of our director and worship in song with him. Any of you who reads this and knows Mr. Supplee will know what I mean. He was the choir director at CIU from 1949 until 1982. (I'm far left right in front of the far left man.) He is 84 now, doesn't sound any different than he did when I was in choir 32 years ago. He's grayer, slower, but otherwise you'd think he was 70. Fantastic!

Since I'm starting at the end of the trip I'll go backwards. Not many of my friends were there for the reunion. Here is the sum total of the Class of 1978! The girl I'm standing next to was my freshman year roommate. She also went to church with Kenny Wilkinson's parents! Small world.




We spent an all too short time with our good friends and a couple we had some "wild" double dates with in college. Kevin teaches there and Lainie works in Student Life. Their daughter is my "Gentino Family" friend!








Denny and Linnea had a lovely time doing father/daughter things like hanging out at a pub and listening to live jazz while I practiced with the choir Thursday evening.







We also had a quick and short catch-up time with my old friend Gary and his wife who live in Columbia but didn't come to the reunion. It's so great to pick up where we left off and know that these friends always care about us! What a blessing from heaven! If friends are like this, how much more is God's love for us?





1 comment:

Emily said...

I can just see and hear Mr. Supplee. What a great man of God! I wonder if he is still biking...and passing out flowers. :) Your blog made me cry. What a blessing to be there and worship together...it is such a special place!