The last week in September is birthday week. We both have birthdays within four days of each other. So Friday we met up with our same four friends from Tuesday evening at Beth and Harold's house this time. (It's a bad time of year to party with our farmer friends. We have to make up for it in winter!) We had a lovely dinner, crazy conversation, missed watching the debate, and played a great game of Pitch. It's a fun, fast game, so we still can converse as well as play.
Saturday was my actual birthday. I thought it would be fun to meet up with Ron and Diana for dinner. We met them another time for Ron's birthday, so it's doable to drive to Des Moines, have dinner and drive home. So I called Ron and they weren't doing anything, so we met up at Macaroni Grill in West Des Moines, 2 hours' drive from Omaha.
What a lovely drive! We left about 3:30. Farmers were out combining soybeans. The hills were green and golden in some places and various shades of tan and brown in others. Such rich warm colors! I took a picture of just the soybeans on Sunday just so I could try to find that shade of golden brown. It IS lovely! About half-way to Des Moines, in Adair, they are putting up wind turbines. It's amazing how big they are!
5 comments:
Oh I wish I could be there! I really missed not going out to the midwest this summer. Seeing all your pics makes me miss it even more. Last night the kids were saying how much they missed that this summer.
Happy Belated Birthday,Rachael! Breakfast on me soon????
Farmer friends and friends with ooodles of kids playing fall sports and making music! Can we make up for it in the winter too?
Happy birthday to both of you!!
¡feliz cumpleaƱos!
That sounds good to me. We'll celebrate both of your birthdays this winter, AGAIN!! It certainly is getting busy here at the farm.
Post a Comment