Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rolling on down the highway

Denny and I have decided that we really enjoy car trips. When we were first engaged we drove from Columbia, SC to Bradford, PA to Moline, Il via Lake Michigan to camp for the weekend with my family. Ever since we've taken long car trips. I guess that's what you do when your family is scattered all over the eastern US. We listen to music, talk and listen to books on tape. The scenery changes every couple hundred miles and it's interesting to watch. In the Midwest I love the rolling hills of emerald corn. Down here I've taken photos of wide green fields polka dotted with white cotton. The trees bedraggled (is that an adjective or a verb? I just made it a verb!)with Spanish moss flashed by the car too fast for a proper photo, and I didn't want to stop. Some places look downright scary!

We just made a quick stop in Vidalia to visit Denny's mom. She isn't doing very well health-wise and couldn't make the trip to Florida. We're having a <24 hour stop here before heading to Columbia.

Florida was MARVELOUS! all I/we wanted it to be. You'll understand when you see the photos. The water was 85f/31c!!! Fantastic. White sand, brought some home with me. Cool shells, got them, too. And some rocks that look all gnarly and fossil-y. :) Got lots of sun. Didn't know we could get more tan. The sun is different there.

I'll upload the photos on Monday. We looked at them on the TV last night. Ah, even got a video of the waves and the beach, the seagulls even made an appearance.

3 comments:

K said...

oh you are a tease! I'm glad you two are having a good trip. We miss you. The girls brought a neighbor-soccer playing-friend to church last night and missed the "draw the Bible" series. I love road trips too! Travel safe and come home soon. :-)

Emily said...

I used to say that those fields polka dotted with cotton was our snow for the year! When we lived in Williston we rarely saw the real thing (I think once in five years). So we just pretended with the white cotton fields!

linneaminich said...

post pictures soon!