Here's the last paragraph, which is really the punch:
As a Republican, Barack Obama could have been the first Black
President of the United States, as opposed to what Democrats want, but will
never attain: Barack Obama being a United States President—that
happens to be Black.
We've come a long way, baby! Guess it was beyond any expectation.
Here's the message Will got the other night. He has worked hard ever since last June. Night and day, day after day. Actually, I think Linnea got the message, too. At least she had a text while she was talking to me. I'm proud of my kids!
I'm about to head to Grant Park to talk to everyone gathered
there, but I wanted to write to you first.
We just made history.
And I
don't want you to forget how we did it.
You made history every single day
during this campaign -- every day you knocked on doors, made a donation, or
talked to your family, friends, and neighbors about why you believe it's time
for change.
I want to thank all of you who gave your time, talent, and
passion to this campaign. We have a lot of work to do to get our country back on
track, and I'll be in touch soon about what comes next.
But I want to be
very clear about one thing...
All of this happened because of you.
Thank
you,
Will has been working so hard since mid-June and particularly since the beginning of August. It was a wonderful experience for him, contacting people door-to-door, on the telephone, organizing people, getting volunteers. So many details, so many contacts! It was amazing for me as his mom to see him work so hard and so passionately. He is happy today. CNN reported yesterday that the campaign is extending pay until the end of the month and health insurance until the end of the year. No other campaign has ever done that for its staff. Usually it's finished the minute the election is over. Will is over at the office cleaning everything out. He has had a great bunch of people to work with and has enjoyed the time he's been there. His "boss" had a birthday yesterday, what a great time! Bet that birthday will always be special.
Now what for Will? Guess he'll have to find a real job. God blessed him with this magnificent opportunity for training and experience, He'll use it in the future, I'm sure! As far as Will's concerned, he's going to the Husker game Saturday, and catching up with his girlfriend and lost sleep!!!
2 comments:
what a day it was! i cried. not because i think obama can solve our country's many, many problems immediately. but because it's BEAUTIFUL to see our country move toward racial healing.
yeah, wow. it's so amazing to think about what's been done and how many people worked hard to get it done. check out this map. Click on "voting shifts" and look at western Iowa. Pottawattamie Co, Harrison Co, all of them are more blue than they were in the last election. Go Will.
Post a Comment