Andrew and I had a good time visiting the "home" place, even in November. Minnesota is always a good idea. The trip is only 7 hours all Interstate, so not very stressful. We arrived about 9:30 on Wednesday evening.
Andrew had some fun with the mounted deer that we took down to paint the wall.
I haven't been up there in November since I was a child and we visited for Thanksgiving, so it was nice to see the place in a different season. Saturday, the day we drove home, was the only day it wasn't dark, cloudy and rainy. A little depressing. Lack of sun takes away my energy.
I had fun painting, hanging out and helping out where I could. There's a never-ending stream of people coming and going on a farm like this, so we had no end of activity.
One evening we had a good time laughing through the old slides and listening to Ron's jokes. *smile*
Gramma's road doesn't look the same since they knocked down the old cement bridge, put a big culvert under the road, and left it all bare and flat. I took this photo about 4:30 in the afternoon. It was so dark, I was hoping it would turn out. Wouldn't know it was the same place, would ya?
I'm always very happy to go down this road this direction!!!
2 comments:
I can always tell which road it is by the clump of trees even when I haven't been there for years. They do away with the trees, I'll go to Wisconsin, I think.
are you home? call me.
Post a Comment