We sing A LOT at our church on Sunday mornings, ten songs usually. They are in groups of three with a closing song. Three as a gathering time. Three more after a prayer and call to worship. Three more after confession and pardon, then the offering, sermon, and closing song. Andrew had a friend in church with him a few weeks ago and she said, "We only sing four!" And those of us who grew up in church know exactly where they fit. Everyone does it the same.
The joy of singing so many is that I get TIME to get into the spirit of worship and get my heart ready to hear the preached word. I'm a little slow sometimes, especially after a long week. My joy has been to help lead worship. Those Sundays I have an hour plus practice before Sunday to prepare my heart to worship, to have those words ringing in my heart for the rest of the week. And THEN I get to get started extra early (like 8am) preparing for worship even before we start church. I LOVE it. And of course, the words of our songs are carefully chosen, full of good teaching. Praise God for feeding our hungry souls!
This is taken from the movie about William Wilberforce and is what we sang in church yesterday. I love it that the songs we sing go round in our heads for the rest of the week!
3 comments:
Chris Tomlin! I love his style.
I absolutely LOVE that song!! We used to sing that at our old church. Last year at our spring fine arts program one of the girls in our school danced to it. She is a ballerina and VERY good. I cried through the whole thing! It was so beautiful and elegant. She looked like she had been freed!
It brightened my day!
Post a Comment