Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday handiwork




Like I mentioned earlier, I've picked up crochet and cross-stitch again after a 20 year hiatus! Guess I was too busy homeschooling and raising kids to do it.

This is what got accomplished so far in the last week or so. To give credit where credit is due, however, I only did the outline on the cross-stitch. It took me FOREVER and it is not very clean looking! My dear daughter picked it up while watching John Adams and whipped it up perfectly! sigh. Oh, for young eyes again! I thought about giving it away as a gift, but since it has Linnea's loving touch, I'm keepin' it!!

The hat my boys have dubbed a "Gramma hat". Guess it's not too chic, but it's warm. Better keep it and hope for the Gramma part some day! The scarves were really fun. Shall I put tassels on the pink one? I think I'm giving that one to Andrew's girlfriend. It's made with a kind of soft suede wool/yarn. It was really easy to work with. The blue one is really soft, but has a thread around the yarn that catches occasionally making it a bit frustrating. I've started another scarf made of that same stuff only warm yellows, greens, browns and oranges. Maybe I'll send them to the Ukraine....

It's been really fun to sit and do this. I feel like I'm learning something new as well as making something useful while using my time better. No more just sitting and watching movies! Well, I take that back. We watched Mamma Mia the other night and the scenery and action are so fun, I couldn't take my eyes off. It's only about an hour and a half....

Boy, do I wish I had a couple of fun girlfriends like that....!!! I can think of a couple of sisters that could get into Dancin' Girl!! *smile*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your scarves, Rach! I would definitely for the tassels.