Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reflections

I have ideas and ideas of things to write about this last day of 2008, but no one wants to read a long blog. Nor would what I have to say be all that profound, but I'm going to get started anyway!

I read through the ESV of the One Year Bible every year. Everything finished up today. Revelation has me contemplating the idea of eternity. 22:4 "they shall see his face" v.5 "and they will reign forever and ever." Remember Moses could not or was not allowed to see God's face, but in eternity, we will see his face. Matthew Henry's commentary sums it up:
The supreme felicity of this paradisiacal state 1. There the saints shall see the face of God, there they shall enjoy the beatific vision. 2. God will own them , as having his seal and name on their foreheads. 3. They shall reign with him for ever; their service shall be not only freedom but honour and dominion. 4. All this shall be with perfect knowledge and joy. They shall be full of wisdom and comfort, continually walking in the light of the Lord, and this not for a time, but for ever and ever. (italics his)
Contemplating eternity at the END of a year puts things into perspective for me. We are already living forever. We will never stop being. Things that bug and bother me now, puh, what are they? Nothing should bother me!

No comments: