Friday, December 12, 2008

They're in!


Yes, they finally got started about an hour after they said they'd be here, but by 5:15 that afternoon, all three windows were in place, thoroughly insulated and the mess cleaned up. It's lovely to have tight, smooth windows. And I only have to take out two panels to wash them instead of 5 in the other windows. These are double-glazed, so I don't have separate panels. And the warranty transfers to new owners if we sell our house. All in all it was a good deal. There are lots more bits that need to get tidied up around here, but this is a start!

2 comments:

K said...

New windows. How neat is that? I am pretty sure that our windows are original to the house- 1924. They are beautiful, but not very efficient. Ok, not at ALL eficient. Enjoy your new views!

linneaminich said...

they look nice! no more holes in them!