Saturday, December 27, 2008

What do YOUR gingerbread look like?


Linnea and Will have a tradition of making gingerbread "men" every year. Many times the theme of the men is the movie series that is currently going. One year it was The Lord of the Rings series, so we had Aragorn, Eowyn, Gimli, and so on. You get the idea.
So you must be guessing what this years' theme is, John Adams. They decided they would do United States Presidents. The lower photo is of George Washington (get the hat?) Abraham Lincoln (hat is also a giveaway) and of course they had to do the president-elect Barak Obama! He has a modern tie and his arm is raised. That's how you can tell who it it. The top photo they will have to describe. I know the one in the dress is Abigail Adams, and I THINK that's John colored the same. The guy in the glasses, hmmmm, he's the only one with a face. Who could that be? Maybe it's Ben Franklin. So they must've done others besides Presidents!
Andrew walked by them and said, "What other family makes Presidents gingerbread men?????

3 comments:

Linnea said...

I don't know who the guy in green is, but yeah, that's John and Abigail Adams (Abigail has one arm behind her back and she has a white apron on, only I forgot when I put on the white that it would blend with the red). Then there's Uncle Sam and Ben Franklin. We also made Sam Adams, but I think all the rest were presidents.

Anonymous said...

I guess I must be a really bad mom because I didn't even make Christmas cookies this year--too much coughing and sore throats.

Anonymous said...

presidents= cool idea. Don't worry Jenny. I haven't made any because people have given us far more than we will eat!!! There are a few recipes I would like to try , though, when I don't feel like everything has to be done at once.