Saturday, January 3, 2009

Moving day


Yesterday I went to help my friend move from her old farmhouse, to her new house. It's my Road Goes Ever On place. January in western Iowa after the thaw! I'll take another when it's all white again.

I love a project. I love being busy, so yesterday was a happy day. We got a lot done. I think they will sleep well in the new house....if the fumes from the varnished floor don't get to them.

It is a lovely house. With particularly lovely views!



Here we are sitting at the table in their breakfast nook that faces east and south. I don't think I'd leave the table in the morning... just think of the changing seasons viewed from that window. There is a deck just outside, too.

Here we are two tired ladies! *smile*













New Year's Day Andrew popped in for a few minutes along with his friend Drew and his girlfriend. Drew has been our "other son" ever since he and Andrew met in 6th grade. It's always great to see him again! He's at Drake in DesMoines now, so he's not too far away.

1 comment:

C and J said...

We loved hearing about the move! How much Joetta must have appreciated your help! Isn't that breakfast room view wonderful? Keep posting more pictures of the new house for us! XOXOXO, C & J