Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Day after the Long Weekend


Back to a quiet house. We are in the midst of a heat wave and energy abounds! Something about bitter cold makes me want to hibernate. It was nearly 50 yesterday!

Had a great weekend. Friday night we bought a new 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. Saturday morning saw Andrew and me working away. Then A. started feeling ill, so he quit. We worked off and on all the long weekend and finished yesterday about noon! It was so fun. A picture of a beach in Greece from an arched doorway of balcony overlooking mountains and sea. Just the kind of picture for midwinter.

We went out to eat on Saturday evening with four friends (from the Italian dinner evening) to Granite City Pub. I don't know if it's a chain or not,but it was an excellent place to eat. Plenty of delicious food. I'm not a beer drinker, but the rest enjoy a variety. I had fish. MMMM. I never get enough fish since leaving Italy, so when I go out to eat I get it when I can. After dinner they all came over here for an hour or so, much to A.'s dismay since he wasn't feeling all that great.

Sunday was quiet. Monday we got some loose ends tied up around the house. Light bulbs replaced, L's room cleaned out and organized. Ah, I LOVE clean! I just keep looking at the tidy, clean rooms, and it makes me happy!

I phoned our friend Kiki in Italy this morning. Oh, it was good to hear her voice and catch up a little what's going on over there. Will may be able to stay with her next week when they go down. Makes me REALLY want to go now. Also, some friends we have here may be able to rent from her next summer/fall. She's even remodeling her house! They will enjoy her.

Looking forward to having the Cono Choir in town for a few hours on March 8. My local friends who read this, take note and come to this concert. Our church needs to be more aware of the work there, since it is so close, and become more involved. I'm trying to spread the word.

Off to have lunch with my good friend today. After I plan "dates", I'm always afraid that I'll get called to sub and have to cancel. But we're on and I'm looking forward to getting out of the house for awhile!

Not much to say today, but just wanted you friends (and my kids!) to know what we're up to on the prairie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you were my neighbor! You don't think we'd fight, do you? I think we are a little old for that! I went to the store for fish for supper, but I am in a shrimp kick, so I got shrimp, too. Em made this soup once and it is pretty much tomatoes, peppers, onions garlic and 'cajun seasoning' for which I substitute red pepper. Then you put shrimp in it and serve it over rice! I get basmati rice and it has a different taste to it than the good ol' Uncle Ben's. (If UB ever had any taste!) Once when I was alone I heated up a can of tomatoe soup, cooked a little rice and added the shrimp.... and it was yummy! I don't have any fancy ideas for fish. After Aunt Gladys taught me to cook it in butter, hardly anything else will do! Then Joel's aunt and uncle steam their potatoes , nice little red ones, and they have this wonderful creamy texture, and it goes on and on. Yep, I already had my dinner! Last week I had my normal Tuesday off and since we knew snow was coming and thesis was IN THE HANDS of the professor, I didn't go to Philly. Then we had 2 snow days. Friday was a 2 hour delay, Monday was No School again and then their was Tuesday. I have had a little vacation! I didn't shovel much either! It was too heavy. I have gotten several nooks and crannies dealt with, some that have needed it for years! Things is takin' shape! Oh yes, I did visit Caithness, too.

Anonymous said...

I guess I forgot to put my name in and all that jazz!