Sweet little first graders today...and yesterday....and tomorrow. Truly, I am having fun. This class has been great these last couple of days. I didn't realize that they all decided to hold up their Bibles in the pose. This next one will show you what they are REALLY like.
I lucked out on the timing of this job (like I had anything to do with it). It is teacher appreciation week! So I got in on the special lunch for the teachers. And one of my students brought me a giant Hershey bar. I told her to save it until the teacher gets back, and she said, "Oh, that's all right. I have flowers for the teacher." First grade...ah. The only major issues we had today were,"Mrs. M. he/she cut me." Meaning that someone cut in line in front of them. I bent down and showed them how many inches different they were apart and asked if that many inches was worth fighting about. They agreed that it wasn't too big of a deal--whoa!Andrew did all right on Saturday, not as well as he wanted to. He was first in his weight class. And our snowstorm ended up being nothing. More in the forecast than the actual storm. Too bad. We were hoping for the big one! It was very beautiful on all the trees. I wish I had taken my camera to church with me because there are beautiful historical buildings on the way, and they had beautiful trees around all coated with snow. Like some winter fairy castle. Flickr has "the tree" picture. I take so many pictures of that tree because it is right outside our back deck. Maybe I'll make some kind of collage of "the tree" in all lights and seasons. I even took one of the snow falling on each branch the night before.
We heard from Will at last. Alls well. Hopefully he'll be in Gaeta tomorrow. Lucky him. (You all know that I don't REALLY believe in luck.)
1 comment:
We had an awesome palm tree outside our apartment in NOLA. A great view of it from our porch. A community of parrots lived in that tree. I took a gagillion pics of the tree. It was just there, all the time. Like a neighbor.
It's not there any more. I'm glad I have the pics.
Post a Comment