Friday, April 13, 2007

Cinquanta!


Yes, he finally turned the big 5-0. And didn't know that we were driving from Omaha to DesMoines for dinner. It was fun and CRAZY! As you might expect. The stories flowed. The photos tell who and what pretty much. We met up at Famous Dave's restaurant. Andrew came with us, so there were three cousins together. That hasn't happened much lately!

I decided to make a photo album for Ron's birthday. I found a picture of him when he was 16 all dressed up in plaid pants, white vest and a bowtie. Boy, did he think he looked cool! I'll try to upload it. It's worth it! That was the cover of the album. Then I found photos taken over the last few years and put them in with quips, some wittier than others. Wit is not one of my gifts.

Right away Ron made friends with the group of ten at the tables behind us. The woman also turns 50 this month--they hi-fived. As they were leaving they said they were sorry for missing singing "Happy Birthday", so Ron started it and we ALL sang. It sounded pretty pathetic. The family must've had French exchange students with them because when we all were finished singing, they sang in French. Same tune.

Denny tried to outdo Ron....see Meredith's pictures. We laughed a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that outfit of Ron's! He was pretty cute! Remember when Melody Denning used to crack the dooor to Mrs. Drapers's room while she got a drink at the drinking fountain to get a sneak peak at Ron! And he was 8 years old!