Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Spring track update


Bloggers that have little children are always writing about what their children are currently doing, their sleep patterns, sickness, new skills, etc. In a way, it doesn't stop, just changes. We no longer discuss body functions or sleep patterns (or lack thereof), but we still love seeing our children learn and perfect new skills. So I have to update you on the latest in track for spring 2007!

Saturday was a gorgeous day in the upper 70's, however, wind gusts were 35mph! Maybe the wind helped, but it was a great day for Andrew. He threw the discus 141'6"! His previous best throw was 125 something. His shot put throw was 49'5", not his best, but still pretty good. But the funny thing was, he broke the school record for the 100 M dash! As a thrower, that's funny! He ran it in 11.3 seconds. I missed all that because I was proctoring a test and got there late, but when I got there, everyone was so excited. Den got some of it on video.

Graduation is May 26, 10 am. Open house is Sunday afternoon from 1-3:30. Any of you who read this are invited. I guess I'd better think about what I'm doing for it. I have most of the announcements addressed, at least for the addresses I have. Junior Senior Banquet is Friday. More kid updates then ! Pictures included. *smile*

No comments: