Spring comes, and along with it comes the time of the year when teachers think about using their personal days. I guess that must be what's happening. Since we got back from spring break, I have worked every day except two. And one of those days I was getting stuff ready for Ron's birthday. Even Saturdays. Two Saturdays in April are homeschool testing days, so I come in to school to help administer those. I've been doing the seventh and eighth grades tests for seven years now. It's pretty fun. I try to be relaxed and a little crazy so that these frightened children will feel a little more comfortable. This Saturday is a track meet, too, so I'll finish testing and then go to the track meet. Anything that has to be done at my house has to be done in the evenings, and sometimes I am just too tired to do anything. However, yesterday I worked in Bellevue Public and had little children for resource. It was very organized, yet relaxed. I think organization makes things more relaxed. Anyway, I went grocery shopping after, came home, put it all away, started the wash, started dinner and picked up all the bits that needed to be moved from one room to the next. A general tidy up! Never did sit down until bedtime, but I was happy with a relatively clean house, all the clothes washed, folded and put away, and things cleaned up. Monday afternoon I finally got out in my front garden, dug up dandelions, raked leaves off the flower beds and cut some gangly bushes back. They hadn't started leafing out yet, so I figured I'd whack them down while I could. This weekend we're going to try to dig up and move a volunteer maple tree. Hopefully it won't die.
The end of the day; I can go home now. Back here in third grade on Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment