Monday afternoon Will was still trying to plan his trip to Scotland, so I was busy phoning. Tuesday afternoon it was beginning to come together with offers of places to stay in Edinburgh and Inverness--and boy are we thankful for those friends. (Come to America anytime!!) but he still had to get from England to Scotland. Too make a long story short, things didn't end up working very smoothly. Costs were more than anticipated, delays were long--as well as nights.After many buses and lots of delays, they arrived at the antipated places. I guess he missed Grant, and Grant missed him when they first met up. Both have changed in the last 10+ years, I guess. *smile* Thankfully, God watched over them and hopefully, there are no hard feelings among the travellers. I hope the girls enjoyed seeing Scotland and meeting real Scots. We sure do love them!
Thursday Mom and I did some more shopping. I cannot shop alone, so I don't get things that I probably need. We went to Hobby Lobby to look for a poppy picture for the bathroom. Oh, and we found a lovely one that perfectly matched the towels Mom bought for that room. Reddish orange...ah, I love color!! And then we found a couple of others. One for the guest room/Linnea's room and one of daffodils and tulips for Mom for Mother's Day. It's bright and so Mom! Got a comforter for that bedroom, too. I think the Flickr picture has it. Then we went out for lunch, came home and relaxed. Friday I ran around the house getting ready to go take Mom home. Wash had to be done, stuff packed up. Since I had worked all week and then run around while I was off, the house was a wreck.
Great time with Ron, Diana and Meredith on our way to LeClaire. Ron and Denny are soo funny. They both talk and laugh at the same time. They spent four hours getting Ron's surround sound set up. Den really enjoys that!
Saturday Denny shored up the basement ceiling/floor of Mom's living room and then rearranged the tv and computer. Had friends over for dinner. Talked to William from Scotland. Made the Easter dinner
Sunday the Freemans came for dinner, more pics on Flickr. We returned to Omaha that afternoon.
1 comment:
If I can be so presumptuous, I think you're talking about my daughter??!! Glad to have your eyes and ears when I'm not around!
Post a Comment