We took off about 1:30 today to scope out the next marathon route. Makes me tired just to think of it. It was another hot, windy day, but clear and beautiful. Combines were working away cleaning the soybeans off the fields. Few cornfields have been done yet. I love to see them all out there. We stopped just south of Sioux City to visit Sgt. Floyd's monument. He was the first casualty of the Lewis and Clark expedition. I think he had an attack of appendicitis, no battle with Indians or anything. He is buried near the monument there on a high bluff overlooking a spectacular view of the Missouri River and beyond.
We bought a map of Sioux City and managed to get to most of the parts of the marathon route. It is going to be hilly-er Or is is hillier? (Looks like "sillier") Anyway, Sioux City has grassy places all the way down to the river, so the trail runs right along the river. Far more beautiful than the Omaha one. Also once they climb up the bluff, they run through a state park. It's rather hilly, too. Den had a few second thoughts, but he doesn't want to be a quitter. He says this will be his last one, though. HA!
I'm tired now. Sorry I haven't had much to say this week. Maybe I'll be more inspired tomorrow!
2 comments:
I like hilli-er. Tell Den he is crazy. All that running makes me tired. The best though!!!
a body is not meant to do that...it is unnatural! He is going to turn into Forrest Gump...he just keeps running. Did Andrew tell you I called? You guys need to come out here sometime.
Post a Comment