"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began." J.R.R. Tolkein
Friday, October 12, 2007
Honey from the rock
The other night at prayer meeting our pastor read from Psalm 81 that ends with, "..and with honey from the rock I would satisfy you." He said he wasn't sure what honey from the rock was, so I thought I'd look it up. (That's the advantage of substituting. I have time for extended Bible study on days when I don't teach. ) It refers to the water that came from the rock in the desert when the children of Israel were wandering. The beginning of the chapter talks about their wandering. God will satisfy us like a drink in the desert if we will do as verse 10 says, "open your mouth wide, and I will fill it." That chapter was my Bible reading for the next morning and then I thought of that phrase during the night last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Could it mean something sweet from the most unlikely place? Like God's grace!
Post a Comment