Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Today's funny

I was called to sub on the spur of the minute this morning. They ask, "How soon can you be here?" while I'm still in my housecoat and pj's... "Um, give me 45 minutes." So I scrambled and left the house in shambles. But the money's worth it...and every little bit helps.

Today I was in what used to be called "Home Ec" at Bellevue East high school. I really don't find these kids much different from OCA. They are generally quiet, respectful and get down to business. Every school has its mouthy ones and "slackers". This was no different. They don't really bother me. I only had three periods. Two of them worked on a chapter review worksheet. I should say "worked" because a few slept/copied/or played around. But while I was standing guard I saw this funny anecdote on the teacher's desk.

Husband has just taken a phone message for his wife. Message reads as follows:
"Someone from the Gyna Colleges called.
They said the Pabst beer is normal.
I didn't even know you liked beer!"

Now wasn't that worth a 1/2 day substituting?! Gave me a good laugh.

One more thing. I cleaned out my email address book this weekend. I sent an email to find out if they were all getting anywhere. Many were and I heard from sooo many old friends! Thanks to any of you who are now reading this as a result. It was great to hear from people. Even got a couple of photos!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that was worth a half day of subbing! LOL! Here's my funny. a couple of weeks ago Garrison Keillor got into this story that eventually ended up in the cafe' with people saying stuff like, "Would you rather be deaf or blind?" "Would you rather have short term memory loss or be incontinent" Marla Kripsbach (??) said she'd rather be both so you could pee in your pants and forget about it!

sperlonga said...

That is funny, too. Got any more good ones?

sperlonga said...

I should be making dinner.....

C and J said...

Chuck wants to know if that Pabst got Blue Ribbons! (However, I DID have to explain the whole thing to him first! His response," Well, how would I have known that?" Must be a Venus joke!
Hugs!
Judy

Anonymous said...

We hope we Always get blue ribbons when we get Pabst!