Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My 100th post

And some said that it would be just a flash-in-the-pan. Guess they didn't know me. I started this just over 9 months ago. It has been fun for me just to write generally, spontaneously and to everyone. Sometimes I can't write as freely if I focus on a particular audience, so this has been fun for me. Some of you, too, have been so encouraging that it stimulates me to write even more.

Well, today's email is a little late, too, because I'm writing about a sister whose birthday was yesterday. She's younger than I; we'll just say that much. She's the sister with whom I had to share a room, a bed, and I even borrowed her clothes occasionally (her skirt would be shorter on me!) Both being rather opinionated and strong willed, we had some wild times. She was probably far more patient with me. But she was messier than I. Anyway, she is one who can whip out a pie or a whole meal that tastes delicious at a moments notice. She is smart, helpful and witty. She can belt out an aria as well as parse a Latin sentence. She also has two+ grandchildren (yeah, and she's younger than me!) Her husband is pretty cool, too, but we'll save him for another blog.... And her blog is linked to mine. If you want some good reading, go there sometime. Happy Birthday, Nin.

5 comments:

C and J said...

Congrats on the 100th post. Keep us the good work and one of these days you'll get published.

K said...

You mean a blog doesn't count as publishing? :-)
Looking forward to 100 more!
See you tonight...

sperlonga said...

Well, I have been published in my high school newsletter. They published my August 21st entry. It came out this week. woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww, you make me cry! hmmmm....maybe I'll send this one to Andrew, too! :>)

Anonymous said...

I print out my posts and at the end of the year I am going to put them in a little book and get it combed. I like books. Then i suppose you could say I was "published"