Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My year in review

I meant to do this yesterday, but with running to the airport, cleaning up around here and getting ready for a night out, I never got around to it.

I was thinking of highlights of our year, and of course it centers mostly on family events, but there were other highlights not directly related to the extended family. Here are a few:(This took me hours to figure out how to do.With major help from "Yolie")





  • Our annual Italian dinner on January 5th followed by Ellen's wedding on the 6th.
  • Will going to Slovakia to study for a semester was a big highlight for him.
  • The Cono choir coming to Omaha and our visit with friends there.
  • The BIG SNOWSTORM the first of March. I had a picture, but I can't find it right now.
  • Andrew's going to the state track meet and getting fourth place in shot put and then his graduation. (Guess that's two, but it's all about Andrew.)
  • Our family reunion in Minnesota. It was great to see aunts and uncles, cousins and all their children. The weather was gorgeous; the scenery was beautiful and the company couldn't be better! How blessed we are.
  • Dennis running in two marathons!!!! The first on his 55th birthday.
  • Al, my friend from high school coming to Omaha with his daughter for the homeschool volleyball tournament.
  • Thanksgiving at Ron's and taking Stephanie with us. I guess that was a milestone in Andrew and Stephanie's relationship--her coming with us and away from her family for an extended time!
  • Last highlight, was my dad's funeral. Another time for family and extended family to get together to celebrate the joy of eternal life and the promise of reunion. Another blessing of the Covenant, God's family covenant, that is.
  • In between were days of substituting, working in the garden center, taking short trips to Cono, Minnesota, Mom's and Ron's. Reading, card games and dinners with friends, sitting by the pool, working in the yard, shoveling snow and all those things that keep life going.

    Looking forward to many good times with friends and family in 2008. Thankful that I don't have to fear the future, nor do I have to think that it is somehow out of God's control. God raises kings up and brings them down. We'll see what He does in 2008!

    3 comments:

    K said...

    Love the slide show! That was a nice trip down memory lane for me, too. :-)

    yolie said...

    Great pictures!

    Anonymous said...

    I love your blog and all your awesome pictures! It was so fun to read it tonight and catch up. I hadn't read it since we were in SC for Christmas. I love the slide show!!