
Yesterday we had a wedding shower at my house for the bride of my friend's son. She's my friend, too, since we sing together in church, but I knew her mother-in-law first. It was lovely! I think there were about twenty women in my living room. It's amazing that I can get that many people in here with that many places for people to sit! It was a very simple shower. Mostly we visited with each other. The bride opened her presents, so we ooo'd and ahhhh'd over them. Those of us married for many years wish we'd get another shower to update some of our things! We wrote advice on cute, colorful cards to go into

a scrapbook along with photos of the shower. And we also said how long we had been married. The longest married has been married for 47 years and the shortest was one year. How fun to get together for such a joyous occasion. It's great to remember our own wedding showers and weddings, to think of God's faithfulness to us over ALL these years, and then to remind ourselves that OUR GOD is the God of the next generation as well. He will be their guide as He has been ours. Amazing how God even uses a wedding shower to remind us of His steadfast love.
3 comments:
Rachel! Funny story! Tonight I found out I go to church with your sister and brother-in-law! I'd never of known except that they saw the link to our blog on yours and were like "how do you know the Minichs??" Isn't that cool? :)
Hi! I'm stealing the photo of the girls for my blog, ok? :-) Tell Dennis that camera is GREAT!!! Worth EVERY penny!!! :-)
Love the blog and the pictures, AND I really missed being there, too! But I just know how lovely it was, and how much Kelsey appreciated it! Love to you both! We miss you!
Post a Comment