Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend in Iowa

We went to my mom's this weekend. Over one day and back the next. She needed some help with her computer, so Den took an old one of ours over and bought a new modem. She still has dial-up, but she writes letters and loves hearing from family via email. So she was feeling cut off from everyone. It was a weekend in the 40's, so we figured we could risk a trip across I-80. It was a lovely weekend. Flickr has pictures for you Iowa lovers. I just couldn't resist the "Sprint" silos. Great signal here! *smile* And we had a bit of time to catch up with our old friends, Tom and Sue and Dan and Donna. We went out Saturday evening with the A's and Mom. We had to wait AGES! But we had a good visit. Sunday lunch we caught up with Tom and Sue and THAT is NEVER long enough! We were all young mothers together 25+ years ago. They started their families before I did, but I met them nearly 30 years ago when I went to begin my teaching career. Dan was the headmaster and my "boss"! (Hard to think of him like that!) They both have grand children who all are in the church they go to. What a way to grow the church. Sue (right) and her family have been in this church since she grew up. Her dad is still there along with Sue, her children and grandchildren. I think that is so wonderful! Enjoyed our time with Mom and all the friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm heading off to flick on my slohhhhw computer. Give me high speed or Give me _______ aargh!!!

Anonymous said...

I mean "Flickr". misspelled as in the logo. Doncha hate that?

Anonymous said...

I get so excited when I see you have blogged. It was fun looking through all your pictures! I remember as a child driving down those Iowa and Illinois roads after the snow got a little dirty and then it looked like chocolate whip cream. I loved looking at that. Where did you go eat with Mom and Adamowiches? Looked lovely.