Thursday, January 17, 2008

Old friends


I could write tons about old friends, since I have so many of them. Not that my friends are old, but moving around, and well, just being alive after so many years, one tends to gather up friends without letting go of the first ones. So in saying all that, and not saying much, you see a photo of our old friend, Drew. Yes, those of you who know him, Drew came to town today. He's Andrew's friend from elementary and junior high school. They were inseparable for three years. Andrew even stayed at his house for several weeks one summer while I was studying away from home. Drew has been the "other brother". (We've had several of those. He's the only one to still come around!) He was in town for meetings, so he's spending the night. We just had a lovely pork tenderloin dinner with rosemary potatoes, green beans, cauliflower and homemade apple pie. Now the guys are bonding downstairs in the "media room." They've spent hours in that room together when it was Andrew's bedroom. Ah, nice these guys can pick up right where they leave off.....