I used to keep a journal every day. In 1985 when we first moved to Scotland, my mother bought a little "diary" for me to keep track of all the new experiences I would have while living in another country. I wrote about my first impressions, new people I met, finding a new church and how different or the same it was to my American church experience. I also wrote and wrote about all the work I did. I didn't write much about feelings or thoughts in those journals. After that first little one, I bought "Scottish journals" that were big hardback books with dates at the top of every page. During those years, I had two new babies. But my point here is that I wrote about what I accomplished. Like washing clothes, mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, baking bread, edging the sidewalk, feeding the family at weird hours since Den worked shifts, shopping in Thurso, walking to shops in Castletown. Sometimes it makes me tired just to read the stuff!!
Yet today was one of those days. Dinner's over, lots of baking and cleaning got done, and I am happy with clean beds, dishes, house and lovely sweet rolls ready for a wedding shower brunch for next Saturday. (Don't worry, they'll be in the freezer until then!)
Ah, so satisfying. Now I can read a good book while the guys watch more football!
We watched a funny movie last night called Keeping Mum. A play on words twice over. It stars Maggie Smith and Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) two name the well-known actors. You'll have to look it up on IMDB for a summary. We love both these actors and the movie used their varying talents well. A good Brit story! Funny and twisted if you know what I mean. Sort of fits this weird Minich sense of humor. TTFN!
2 comments:
So how did youget David Gentino on your blog? He and his wife have started coming to our Sunday evening Bible study, Isn't he going to Westminster Seminary? I'm on lunch, gotta run
And, it looks like you will have a totally productive week, capped by a LOVELY shower for a beautiful bride on Saturday! Just wish I could be there to help and enjoy all of it! Huugs to all!
Post a Comment