Thursday, January 31, 2008

On my way to blimpy?

Well, let's hope not. But my one activity that was holding "blimpy" back has been suspended for the time being. I guess it could still go on...but not as much fun. To come right out and say it: my walking buddy got a real job. There. So how else will I face 5 degrees in the early hours of the morning??? Three friends said, "Get a dog." Yeah, right. And then what do I do when I want to go out of town or be gone from sun-up to sun-down? And then I think of shots, licenses, vet bills. No thanks. I enjoyed Joanne's dog, but she took her home with her. *smile* I'll miss our walks, Joanne! But I'm glad for you. Now maybe Emily can get her horse....!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a cat! They do not want to walk anyway! They are not too messy and like to sit on your lap on cold days. Keep walking and don't get blimpy! love C & J

C and J said...

You get blimpy? No way! I can't even imagine that! Ignore that cat idea, and the dog idea, too! It is just too difficult when you want to just pick up and go! Get some earphones, plug in some great music, and walk away! If you don't have any, treat yourself to some! Keep walking, and have fun!XOXOXO, J.

Anonymous said...

Hey just start running with Denny! Or maybe run in front of him, and he can chase you, like when you were dating, might be fun.:)
Marcia

sperlonga said...

Hey, I like the earphones idea. Better than the cat...or a dog.

yolie said...

I use my ipod and earphones all the time while working at the gym. They're great. I would be cautious about using them while walking or jogging on bike trails, especially when you're walking alone, because you wouldn't be able to hear someone coming up from behind you. I wouldn't do it, but that's my opinion.

dyount said...

Get a treadmill. It is the refuge of the cold weather walker,rainy day walker, or the why in the world do I want to leave the house today walker...