Thursday, January 11, 2007

Domestications


This is what I do on dark, cloudy, wintry days. I have to be thankful for the days that I get to stay home all day. I got a call to substitute in a local public school this morning, but I couldn't think of a way to solve the car problem--three cars, three people working in different directions. So I didn't take it. sad. Then about 9 I got a call from our Christian school, but I said someone would have to come and get me, so they called someone else to work. Not so much money there, but a missed opportunity. Trusting God for finances is probably my biggest challenge. It's really a lack of believing that God can and does provide, but I'm constantly struggling with the fear. I don't like any kind of debt at all, and with children in Christian schools for years, one through private college and one still going, AND me not working full time anymore, it's kind of impossible. Mind stuff, argh! The struggle with right thoughts is constantly going on. Thankfully, though, Will has work every day, and that's where the car is.

We're supposed to get a major snowstorm this Saturday/Sunday. Pictures coming if we do!

I am so task oriented. Tuesday I made a list and raced my way through it, as if my mom was going to say "good job"! Today I had to make another, this time in my head, or I'd feel I couldn't justify my activity, or lack of it. Yesterday I read a book all morning! yeah. It was Ellis Peters' Brother Cadfael, The Virgin in the Ice. It's in the second series of videos. With my Amazon gift card I ordered it used! That comes with two others. Now we have series one and two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog! What beeyooteefull handiwork! I can almost smell it from here! Have you seen the movie 'The Pursuit of Happiness'? It made me shut up and BE THANKFUL. Go see it. It is one of the most profound movies I have ever watched. Sometimes I have to tell myself that the Lord's Prayer says "Give us this day our daily bread" Not a whole lot of other things like full cupboards that will last 6 months.... or whatever is on your list. Anyway, that is enough of sermon. Sam just got a job at Temple in the library. I hope he is quiet enough! :>) I made pizza crusts on my stone for Christmas gifts. Sam made a pizza enitrely from scratch last Saturday and it was fabulous! If I had a digital I would have taken a picture!

sperlonga said...

Thanks, Nin, I needed that "daily" bit! Good for Sam, as cook and librarian. The latter will be interesting...