Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Stumped for ideas

Every Wednesday evening I'm supposed to teach a class at church for children 8-13 both boys and girls. Since our church group isn't very big, a wide range of students gets put together. Before Christmas I did the Jesse Tree. We scrambled to get all 25 ornaments done before Christmas; we had to finish last week. I didn't have any help and the older girls (12-13) didn't really want to participate. I think they came to visit--what else at that age? They are all homeschooled, too, so they are happy to get out and see others by this time. The younger boys of course are all enthusiasm. So I have this group.
Now I am not too enthusiastic myself about going out by myself at dinner time, the class is from 5:30-6:30. I have to have my family's dinner ready before I go. I don't like driving in the dark, which I have to do this time of the year.
I feel like such a whiner. But I have no ideas now. Part of that is because I don't really want to do this. Wish I would get inspired. Lately I've just felt listless. Don't know if I'm fighting something, or my age, or just a bad attitude. I've taught in the past with enthusiasm, but I have none now. I'd like to get out of it.
So every Wednesday I face the dilemma of ideas. What's for dinner? It needs to be able to sit for an hour or two before the rest of the family gets to it. What do I do with the class? That's where I am right now. And it's nearly 2:30.
I need inspiration and ENERGY!!

No comments: