Sunday, January 21, 2007

What's for dinner?

Sunday dinner rotates around here. This is Will's last Sunday at home, so it was roast chicken Sunday. If we hadn't lived in Scotland, roast chicken never would have been one of our meals. I remember when Will was born our friend Elizabeth brought us roast chicken, and it was most delicious! I don't think mine ever tastes as good as hers! But since then, it is a family favorite. We rotate our Sundays between roast beef and roast chicken. I also have the same vegetables with each: brocolli and corn with the chicken; green beans and carrots with roast beef. We do have brussel sprouts with beef sometimes. This way I never have to think about dinner when Sunday comes around, and I always have what I need. The kids love coming home for Sunday dinners. If any one is gone on a Sunday, they can picture what's going on at home! *smile* Friends at church will ask if it's a chicken or beef Sunday!

So we're warm, well fed and..... watching football, sigh.

Just a side note, the driveway and sidewalk are snowless and DRY! It's "warm" today.

If any of you see a video called, Amazing Grace, get it. We have really enjoyed hearing once again the teaching about the wonderful grace of God. My salvation is all of Him and none of me, and I am soooo thankful! I sure would make a mess of things!

No comments: