Thursday, January 4, 2007

Keeping it going

I'm going to write in here as often as I can, just to prove wrong those who say this is easy to start but hard to keep up. I guess if I've written in a book journal for years, this should be no different. I'm off in a few minutes for the first substitute job of the new year. I thought for sure I wouldn't get called today since this is the first day back for Andrew's school. where I'm going. But the 2nd grade teacher has the flu. Now second grade is tough for me. Really, anything below 4th. So I'm praying for extra strength and patience. I don't mind the touching so much as the tattling. And trying to keep everyone occupied all day. In this school there is no extra help, so the teacher has few, if any, breaks all day. Takes a lot of stamina. I feel much older than I did when I worked in Gaeta. Of course, I had other things planned for today. I was going to help decorate the church for my friend's daughter's wedding, look for a dress for the wedding and get started on preparations for my big Italian dinner Friday night. But those things will have to wait--along with the washing!! I won't have to work tomorrow, though, since I have a haircut appointment that I can't change. AND I'M NEEDING IT! So I will walk with my friend, get a haircut, look for the dress, and get dinner ready. Linnea leaves Saturday, too. All too soon!

3 comments:

funke said...

Hey, hey, it's Mrs. Linnea's-mom!!

funke said...

Sorry, that would be Sarah Funke...

sperlonga said...

yeah, for cheering daughters and friends!