Sunday, January 21, 2007

To slice the snow


Yea, yea, yea, I always write about the weather...Starts giving away my age, does it? Today we woke to our biggest snow yet, between 6 and 8 inches. I do love getting out and shoveling. Makes me feel refreshed with all that exercise and fresh air in my lungs! Den gets out the snowblower and makes nice, neat slices in the deep snow. Too bad snowblowers are so noisy and smelly.

Unbelievably, our church cancelled the morning service. This is Nebraska, you'd think we'd have to have a few feet before they cancel church. I remember one time when I was in college, must've been home for Christmas, my dad drove to church in Waterloo which was about 50 miles away. It had snowed A LOT that night, but he wasn't going to miss church. We bucked drifts, slid around, followed the snow plow and eventually we arrived at church. I don't remember if we were late or not. I do remember we ate lunch with a family from the church. A "little" snow never slowed Dad down!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every now and then I wished
Dad would slow up! When we were living at Cono we would cancel church to keep some of the 'old people' from driving in it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, I wished he slowed down, too. Goll, he'd give me ulcers. I can see keeping the old people from driving. Last night Andrew said, "I'll drive to church!" He and Will went to a movie last night while it snowed. So like Dad...

Linnea said...

I've been hearing about this snow all over the internet today, wish we were getting some. It is all cold and rainy here now.