Friday, July 11, 2008

Deer Family

"As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants for thee, O God."

This morning I saw a doe and two fawns returning from the "water brooks". I looked across the field to where the soybeans meet the corn (why do we say "soybeans" and not "corns"?) and I saw the doe, so I got the binoculars. There she was along with her two fawns. How lovely! They were walking along the edge of the cornfield back toward the trees on the east side of the road. The doe walked straight with ears erect and head alert. The fawns scampered all through the soybean field. At one point the doe pulled a "Field of Dreams" and totally disappeared in the corn! The fawns continued their play. Then she came out and looked toward them. At this point they must've sat down in the beans because you couldn't see them at all. Then, up they popped and ran over to the doe. And on they strolled east to the trees. Kinda fun to watch them.

No comments: