Friday, July 25, 2008

Medical week

Most of you who read this know that I HATE going to the Dr. I have to be just about dying (my kids, too) before I'll set foot in the clinic. So I put off all that well-person check-up stuff. During the school year I say that I don't want to miss any sub days. When summer comes around, my excuses run out. Besides, whenever one starts going, there is always a string of new appointments that they'll make one do. I have a nodule on my thyroid that hasn't been checked on for awhile, and since it's big enough for me to see when I look in the mirror, I thought that was enough to get me in there. So I scheduled the usual woman stuff and then gave the Dr. the list of things that I'd been storing up for the last two+ years!!! Of course, I got the string of appts. Lab work(cholesterol, TSH, kidney, liver), the big C. one does after 50, then the big M., and an ultrasound on the thyroid have all kept me running (ha, ha if you've had the big C. you'll know what I mean) this week.

Now all that is behind me. I'm in perfect health (still need to see the dermatologist for spots on my face and the ENT for the nodule....) and I'm having a pool party this afternoon. We're calling it "Club M". This is our second "meeting" of the club, last week everyone was too busy. So I've stocked up on popsicles and iced coffee or espresso slushies, filled the new air mattresses with air (using the air compressor this time!) and vacuumed the pool. Now if we'd only get some sunshine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm really glad to hear you're in good health! Also glad that you didn't put it off any longer.
Has Honey been for his check up lately?

Marcia

Anonymous said...

I did my blood tests this spring and came back squeaky clean...almost! My iron is low. It reminds me of the way I used to set my hair and the way it came out!