"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began." J.R.R. Tolkein
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Sperlonga, thanks to Deborah
Our friend went to Italy this summer for another friend's wedding. (sigh. Oh, to have gone with her!) She did get fantastic photos that we've been devouring ever since she sent them to us. (Thus appeasing us somewhat.) She gave me permission to post these. In case you've been wondering where I got my name "sperlonga" from, this is IT. And you'll see why it was a wonderful place to spend our summer afternoons. The cave in the photo below was where Tiberius Caesar had his villa. He had placed statues strategically in the cave to catch the sun as it entered the cave. At one point in our time there, we were able to go inside it. The statues (of the Cyclops particularly) are in a museum there. The first two photos are connected so you can get a sort of panoramic view.
Hi! Thanks for getting me interested in blogging again! I am so fine with you using the kid's names!! In fact I was wondering why I wasn't since no one but my friends will be looking at my blog anyway! I think from now on I will just use real first names :) By the way your Planet Narnia book looks so cool! I can't wait to look into that more! Thanks, Amy
1 comment:
Hi! Thanks for getting me interested in blogging again! I am so fine with you using the kid's names!! In fact I was wondering why I wasn't since no one but my friends will be looking at my blog anyway! I think from now on I will just use real first names :) By the way your Planet Narnia book looks so cool! I can't wait to look into that more! Thanks, Amy
Post a Comment