Monday, July 21, 2008

Progress!


Here is another installment on the progress of "the wall". It looks like some kind of altar! And it will have "burnt offerings" on it sometime!!! Den thought of putting very large rocks along the slope by the fence. It gradually flattens out, so he has some bigger ones down at the bottom of the slope and not-so-big ones coming up. He said those very large ones were too heavy to move around. He also unloaded 1000 pounds of river rock along the top. I raked out the piles! It's beginning to look a little more finished, and hopefully if we get another gully washer this week all the dirt will not end up at the bottom!! Once those lilac bushes fill out, that side along the fence will look nice. We also plan to move that wood pile and finish that back fence line off with some other plants....I think they need to be taller than bushes to be seen over the wall, but not so tall to block the view!

4 comments:

Linnea said...

that looks really good, I'm excited about seeing it in person in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that does look good. I think it should have been filmed for HGTV. Yeah, I want to come out and see it in person too; along with the corn fields. When is Linnea going to be there?

sperlonga said...

Dear Anonymous,
She's going to be here the second week of August....hmmmm. Glad you like it! Got another load of those big rocks last night.

Anonymous said...

looking good and shows all your hard work! would love to see it!