
We've had lovely Sunday evenings this summer. Last night we were invited to the, what Dennis calls, the love nest! Our newlywed friends invited us out for supper. His parents and another couple were there. It was so fun to see their house, them in their house and enjoy their hospitality. They are so blessed to have each other, and we are so happy for them! We look forward to the years ahead watching their family grow! :) We had great food, good conversation and a fun game of "Apples to Apples". Perry won.
Oh, the drive out to their house (in western Iowa) is absolutely stupendous right now. The rolling fields of emerald

corn could not look more fantastic! Nearly makes one breathless, at least it does for this Iowa girl!! I kept wanting Den to stop the car and let me take a pict

ure, but all I got was this one. Guess I'm just going to have to drive out there myself and take some more.
5 comments:
The picture of the cornfield with the two white barns is where Ellen lives!! Isn't that cool!!!
Joetta
aw, Mom, I love how you get so happy about the Iowa landscapes (it is pretty), I wish I could live among my "homey" landscapes when I grow up, but that would mean moving to California, or back to Italy.
Like your pics rach
that last one was me, I am testing, couldn't respond on em's blog
hey it didn't have anonymous on Em's blog....here I can be anonymous. Now that I've discovered this you'll get lots of clever butt- head comments and wonder who it is? who it is?.. who it is? Wait...can you block me??? OK, like, I'll be mostly like, nice to you, but then there's...what's his face... why is Den such a pain as to not let you get but that one smidgen bit of a cornfeild?? Good thing you told us what it was. No thanks to Denny-boy we got a glimpse of the glory of Iowa! He was probably just going so fast he missed the spot where the corn was, right? Oh yeah! and then he just didn't want to turn around and go all the way back! Kiss him on the top of his poor little over-stressed head for me!
Post a Comment