Praise the Saviour, ye who know him, who can tell how much we owe him? Gladly let us render to him all we are and have. "Jesus" is the name that charms us. He for conflict fits and arms us. Nothing moves and nothing harms us while we trust in him. Trust in him, ye saints, forever. He is faithful, changing never. Neither force nor guile can sever those he loves from him. Keep us, Lord, oh keep us cleaving to thyself and still believing till the hour of our receiving promised joys with thee. Then we shall be where we would be, then we shall be what we should be; things that are not now, nor could be, soon shall be our own.
"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began." J.R.R. Tolkein
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Morning Praise
Most every morning I wake up with some song in my head. I love doing worship team music because then for the rest of the week I have those songs going over and over in my head. And if I get to practice on Wednesday evening, the songs for that week start in my head early! I had one of those songs in my head this morning, but I'm not going to share that song right now. This song came during my praise/prayer time. Songs we learn in childhood stay with us the rest of our lives. This one was one our mom taught us probably 45 years ago!!! We sang it as a family just last December. I'm going to write it out as prose because sometimes the poetry lines can distract from its meaning. May you praise the Saviour today, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Beautiful picture Rach
I like that song too. Songs always encourage me too. I remember most of the Scripture songs Mrs Draper taught us in K-2nd. I taught my kids what I could remember now THEY know them!
Songs are like therapy. They calm my spirit when I am anxious and lift me up, get my focus in the right direction, etc...During some of the difficult times in life, it has been songs that have ministered to me and helped me see Jesus, right beside me.
Post a Comment