Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Gardening time


With the torrential downpour we had last night, the garden once again, got all it needed! And it's thriving! So far we've eaten cucumbers, green beans, zucchini and tomatoes, which is something from everything we've planted. That zucchini plant is a monster! We'll know next time NOT to put it into the middle of the garden. We have little short rows of green beans and I'm afraid they got swallowed up in some places! This is a very effective use of a space that would be wasted otherwise. It is about 3 feet wide and 20+ feet long, but with the stone path and slightly raised beds, we get plenty of vegetables from it. It's just along the west side of the swimming pool next to the neighbor's fence.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love your garden pics! My mother-in-law and I are splitting a share at a CSA farm this year so I kind of feel like I'm "gardening by extension" ... basically all of the benefits with none of the work!