Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Encouragement from a prophet

Jeremiah 27 :5
It is I who by my great power and my outstretched arm have made the earth, with
the men and animals that are on the earth, and I give it to whomever it
seems right to me.

That's the part from the prophet. My other readings for this morning were just as good.
I Thessalonians 3:16
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way.
And Psalm 85:8
Let me hear what God the LORD will speak, for he will speak peace to his people,
to his saints;

So to those who are worried about the world situation, the economic crisis, the presidential election, let these words be assurance.

One last thought, God created us for worship. When Jesus sent us out to make disciples, he wanted us to make worshipers. Words from the prophets, particularly, make me worship! I find it easy to worship ONE who made everything and controls ALL THINGS! Hallelujah!

My class tonight is on who God is. It's a great study!

1 comment:

Emily said...

You sound like you have been listening to Piper. He says that missions exists because worshipers (of God)do not. We are designed to be worshipers. So if we aren't worshiping God, we will worship something else and it will never satisfy.