
This is from 87, I think. Look how grown up everyone is!
Melinda's birthday October 1987. We're getting grandkids now!

Ron trying to get Wes to be a monkey! Do you think he walked away and left him hanging there?
I have a couple I will email. We don't want the whole world to see them, but they're so funny!!
I scanned the California trip. I didn't find any Sycamore ones. All I have left are Scotland photos. I will scan them for our family anyway.
And to my friends who have put up with the family photo album this month, hope you enjoyed them. I guess it's been a revelation of what a big, happy family looked like growing up! God has blessed us exceeding abundantly. This little slide show has been evidence of that!!!

16 comments:
Thanks,Rach, for doing all that. It has been so fun seeing all these pictures. We should have a family reunion (yikes)and look at all the pictures all together.
Those cute grandkids, Sam and Wes!
I think the top 2 pictures are maybe 1982. The first one was at a park in Savannah,Il- up the river. Nick looks about 1 yr old, wasn't he born in 1981...Celeste looks like the year of her graduation, and I looked about like that, spring of '82.
2nd pic -I guess that is Sam I see Mary on the side so maybe that one is '87.
I do know for a fact the top one is about spring 1982-Em didn't wear glasses the year after she graduated!:) She looked like the pic you emailed.
The dates on the slides I scanned were may 81, dec 87, jun 88. So that top slide is from May 81.There were some plastic framed slides with no dates, I think they were the California ones. When did you go to CA? 81?
Back to 87, Joel and Melinda came to Cono Homecoming, so there are a few from that.
There are about five slides of Ron putting Wes in that tree!!!
Melinda's hair is sooo cute! Why don't you do that again? And in yesterday's photo, wow, gorgeous hair.(You know I'm the one that's always jealous about hair...)
I just finished 8th grade when we went to Ca so that would be 1980 if I figured correctly. 81 sounds right- for top pic.
How would we calculate evnts ifwe didn't go to school and have babies, anyway? I guess tha is why time flies when you are old. I don't think I have as much hair as I did in HS anymore. Those kids wore it out of me!!! I've cut my hair short twice, but I am not comfy with it, even if it is cute. I have never been very good at maintaining a haircut. Wes's expression is priceless. Hope the Dad or the grandad caught him. Wasn't Sam a 'ducky' boy?
First of all I would like to thank you Ms Gruevnout, for posting all these fotos so we can look at them together and so we can discuss just when they were taken, and where!!!
I'm glad Val knew where that river one was, I didn't remember being able to see so far down river from Rapids City/Port Byron. ya can't! I thought it was I-80 bridge. But Yuz rat, darlin!
Also I thot we went to CA after my 9th grade year, our first sch. year there, in QC. Also I don't think I was dating JC when we went, bc I would have been heartbroken to leave, and I would remember that!!!! Don't tear me from my bf! Ain't nobody happy when that happened. I was dating him in my 10th gr year, '80. Remember he bought me the huge Snoopy for my 16th bd, '79??? That would put the date of the Ca trip to May 1979.
hmmmm... Wonder if carbon 14 would help us... ?!! HA
Glad to see one of Ron.... I was thinking all along that we had a brother but then again, didn't see fotos of him at all. I'd be hard pressed to say he wasn't photoed as much bc he wasn't as photogenic as the rest of us! We probably have more of him after Diana came on the scene. Then Dad had good reason to want more pics of Ron!! For your friends you must post the Ron and the baby racoon one.
Well I remember Rach and Den were in the QC then I don't know if they were still living there but I think they were.- about Ca trip- because they picked us- or met us- up from the airport and were saying it was hotter in the QC then it was in Ca and we were amazed.
Wasn't Meredith a baby when you went to CA? She was born in 1980. I know. She's younger than Nick! BF or no BF! Do you realize I am only like 28 in that picture!!!! Mary just turned 27 the other day! Exclamation upon exclamation! Comes from the Latin meaning to "shout out". Why do 'shout" and "out rhyme?
Just call me carbon 14 for you so I can clear everyone up! If I don't, Emily will. WAD.
Okay, okay, I have been away from my computer for over 24 hours and things just get out of hand without me available to set everyone straight. Yes, Meredith was a baby when we went to CA. It was 1980. I remember it was right after I finished 6th grade. Celeste probably was a pain in the butt b/c she had to leave her BF! She just doesn't remember. :)
Post a Comment