
Isn't she beautiful? My "little" sister, well one of them, turned 50 on Wednesday. This was her 13th. Finding those slides gives me more picture material.
This is the sister over at QuidNunc/QuidTunc. Our other sister has waxed eloquent about what she admires about this sister, and I will agree and add my two bits.
She is an AMAZING writer. Go over there and read her stuff. She is both funny and wise; witty and eloquent.
She is also amazing musically! She can play anything on the piano. It is lovely to sit down with her and sing through the hymnbook. When we were growing up, she and my dad would just take out the hymnbook and go through it. I used to take that for granted, but now I know very few people can do that.
And not only can she play, but she can sing. SING, I mean. She has some power behind that soprano voice. Since there are five years between her and the next youngest sister, Melinda and I spent our high school years singing together...in the car, doing the dishes, in groups at school, pretty much everywhere. She sang melody; I sang harmony.
And not only can she play and sing, but she can whip up an unsurpassable meal, and probably one that she grew in her own garden or canned or froze, but certainly one that she made from scratch. She probably thinks that I have energy, but I have always admired her ability to get so much done.
Because of the age spread in our family, she and I share the most memories (besides our brother), so it's always fun to reminisce. However, she also has an AMAZING memory. Just ask Melinda about an event, she'll for sure remember it, and what everyone said, too, probably. This photo includes sister"What's for Dinner?
in the front left. Gives you an idea of the difference in our ages.
in the front left. Gives you an idea of the difference in our ages.
Happy Birthday, Melinda! After this you'd think your name was AMAZING Grace!

10 comments:
In fact, her memory is so good that last night when Joel asked us all to share our first memories of her, she shared more than any of us!! She remembered the "first memories" better than any of us! We did have fun sharing Melinda stories last night.
The picture is beautiful, if I may say so myself. and the remarks make me cry! I remember that pic and the one Dad took when you were 16 and it is blue, but with that same great lighting. they're both beautiful pics. Have I seen it somewhere recently?
Do you see the rainbow in the corner?
There was a rainbow on the other side, too, but I cropped the picture. This system even smooths out grainy photos! You should see the difference from the original.
How much fun! I saw the pic and thought Luisa at first. heehee.
Aunt Sperlonga, I'm so loving the pics you're scanning. I hope you keep posting them.
My kids thought the same thing when they saw the pic of Melinda. They couldn't believe how much she looked like Luisa.
I love these pictures!
Keep it up Rach! Love seeing these, I'm all for putting on cd so we all can have a copy of the memories. This is fun.
Wow, what a GREAT picture! Can't decide if Mary or Luisa look more like their Mama!!!
When I saw it, I thought, "I don't know why peple think Lu and I look alike!!! I think it's the eyes that throw me off and eyes are so much of the face. Maybe I should send you the slides I've got. I would love a DVD. I want to make a DVD of some of our pics,too, but alas, I have yet to get the equipment.
Shoot! I guess I'm way off cuz I see Joel Freeman!! hahahahah... Not the mouth so much but the rest of the face and the expression.
I think Lu looks like Melinda, especailly the whole mouth area..the lips and teeth and how she smiles, but silly me, this foto looked like J.F. to me.
Post a Comment