Monday, October 27, 2008

Ron and the raccoon




I know there aren't many photos of Ron. I don't know why. I guess 'cause he wasn't a little boy when Dad took slides instead of photos. Here's the photo requested! I'll be happy to post any others you can think of!

Last night I nearly finished scanning their trip to Scotland. These photos have much more meaning to Denny and me than to the rest of you. Dad would've loved a 5x7 of this one now, wouldn't he?! There he is in front of the Old Club House, whatever it's called, in St. Andrew's. If you remember from Chariots of Fire, the runners run from the beach over to the far left, jump over that low white fence and toward this building! Dennis was telling me last night that Dad really wanted to play golf there that day, but the rest of us, baby William and 5yo Linnea, Mom and me were patiently waiting on the grass by the car, while Dad got his fill of the famous course. We certainly didn't want to wait the five hours or so!!

BTW, Den thought Dave Stover might be interested in the other slides taken here. I'll email them if you want. One photo is of the list of British Open winners from about 1967 to 1986-we were there in 1987.

5 comments:

Emily said...

sure, go ahead and send them! I really like this picture of Dad.

Anonymous said...

A classic.... maybe these slide shows are why we all have such good memories.Great for visual learners! And the audio ones who heard the stories over and over.

Anonymous said...

really looks the Dour Scot here, doesn't he??

sperlonga said...

Yeah, he's probably wondering if Den was taking the picture right!

Anonymous said...

I saw those Scotland pictures so many times and heard Dad tell the stories over and over that I have certain pictures that I fell in love with. I knew the picture on the golf course was special, also the picture of the lady in the dress. I thought it should have been a painting. I think there's one also one of two men talking with there unique Scottish hats. You know the reason Dad took all the pictures is because he had to make sure it was done right!! That's what he was all about, wasn't he?